|Session||Cognitive Components||Behavioural Components|
|0||Introduction to Therapy Video|
About Anxiety & Depression
Case Study Introduction
Define your Problems
What We Think
|2||Understanding how your thoughts affect your behaviour|
|Choose from Activity Scheduling or Problem Solving according to your problems|
|4||Challenging Unhelpful Thinking||Work on the technique which wasn’t selected above|
|5||Downward Arrow Technique
Challenging Inner Beliefs
Identifying your Successes
|6||Understanding your Successes
|7||Attributional Style (cont.)|
Planning for the Future
Setting New Goals
- Helps you to identify and establish a clear picture of your problems and their causes.
- You will be introduced to the five video case studies to help you through the eight sessions.
- Helps you to understand anxiety and depression and sets the scene for future sessions.
- Weekly project - Participate in a pleasurable activity and see how this makes you feel.
- During this session you will be helped to set goals that you will work towards during the program.
- You will begin to see the link between your thoughts and feelings and how you feel and behave.
- You will be introduced to two new ways to deal with your individual problems- Activity Scheduling and Problem Solving.
- Weekly project - Complete a thought record, work on a "Doing Technique" and complete a pleasurable activity.
- During this session you will see how your thinking can become distorted when you are stressed, anxious or depressed. This process is called thinking errors.
- You will be guided through the process of how to check your thoughts for these Thinking Errors.
- Learn quick distraction techniques.
- Weekly project - Catch Thinking Errors and work on specific Doing Techniques.
- During this session you will be shown how to challenge and change any unhelpful thoughts you may have.
- Weekly projects - work on Problem Solving, Activity Scheduling, challenge unhelpful thoughts.
- During this session you will find out more about your beliefs to check whether they are helpful or not.
- You will be introduced to the techniques for changing unhelpful beliefs in order to feel better and stay better.
- Weekly projects - Record successes, Work on problem solving and activity scheduling and look for evidence against your negative inner beliefs.
- During this session you will look at the reasons we give for events in our lives (attributional style). Some types of reasoning lead to feelings of low self esteem and hopelessness. Others boost self esteem and well being.
- You will be introduced to the other useful techniques for dealing with your problems–Graded Exposure, Task Breakdown and Sleep Management.
- Weekly projects - Attributional Style, Inner beliefs and your final Doing Technique.
- During this session you will continue to look at how to change your attributional style, focus on your specific problems and Inner Beliefs.
- During this session you will also learn new thinking habits and further ways to deal with your problems.
- Weekly project - Noting good and bad things that happen and the reasons for them and use the learnt techniques to work through these.
- During this, the last session, you will review all that you have learnt in the program and check your progress and see how well you are dealing with your problems.
- You will be helped to set goals for your future life.
- Help you to make a personal action plan to build on changes you have made.